Kids computers

From: Aaron Christopher Finney <af-list_at_wfi-inc.com>
Date: Fri Mar 10 18:43:47 2000

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000, David Vohs wrote:

> Old Pentium class computers make excellent kids computers. But if you're
> *really* on budget, an old Mac Plus or, if they don't like the Mac Plus'
> lack of color graphics, a Mac LC would be perfect.

I used an LCII (I've seen them for $10 with color monitors) for a while
when my older son was under 3 years old. I wrote a program that would
display the key that was pressed in large, alternating-colored fonts, and
played a sample of me saying the letter in a normal speaking voice. He
loved it at the time (and amazed me with how quickly he learned the
positions of the keys).

Aaron