Los Angeles: Commodore PET 8032's, PDP 11/73 for trade

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Sat Mar 11 22:48:07 2000

><I also have a Trimm- or Sigma- pedestal style 11/73 system with TK50,
><RQDX3/RD53, RX50's. Its a beautiful piece, but I need something much
><more compact, like a desktop BA23ish enclosure or VT103.
>
>BA23 is not much smaller and you will not get all of that in a BA23.
>The VT103 is ok, but power will severely limit the system you can build
>and there is no preovision for mass storage inside. I forget the Vt103.
>Also there is the BA123 {stylish end table} and that has room and power.

Hey Allison, that's my line :^) BA123's are the ulitimate end tables! Of
course a pair of BA23's and a large board to go on top would work in a
pinch.

Seriously, if anyone complains about the size of the computer, just sell
them on the idea it's a table :^) Hmmm, this is probably why I've got
problems whenever, I want to use my PDP-11/44, I'm always using the racks
as a work surface.... Major effort to clean it off always :^(

>You'd need a Terminal for that as the VIDEO console if installed wants
>a 19" tube that is huge.

Um, that would be on the VAX though wouldn't it, or is there one for the
PDP-11? I'm aware of video cards for PDP-11's, but am not aware of them
having been any more than a rarity.

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |