Need RS6K help

From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla_at_wintermute.org.uk>
Date: Mon Mar 13 21:49:11 2000

Hi Bill,

> Are you sure there's no video cable....

Yep, there's no video card in there at all - annoying since the 24-bit 3D
Graphics Processor option sounds very interesting....

>....The 7013's (5x0 models -- 520/530/550/580/590) often
>had a video card for IBM fixed frequency monitors....

The manuals refer to the "7013 POWERstation" and the "7013 POWERserver". I'm
assuming (for lack of evidence to the contrary) that my machine is a
"POWERserver" and thus has no video adapter, and the "POWERstation" comes
with a graphics card (and probably less RAM/hard disc).

> The serial ports weren't 10 pin on anythin IBM had that I
>saw. They used 9 and 25 pin ports.

These are definitely 10-pin connectors, little square things. IBM actually
supply a pair of adapter leads with the machine which convert them to
conventional 25-pin "D" type connectors.

I've actually managed to get a part number for these connectors, I think
they're made by "Amphenol". Just a case of tracking down a distributor (and
probably the pinout).

  TTFN - Pete.

--
Hardware & Software Engineer. Sound Engineer.
Collector of Arcade Machines, Games Consoles & Obsolete Computers (esp DEC)