Why etc.

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue Mar 14 20:35:08 2000

<Vinyl gloves better, latex too flimsy but both doesn't block most
<nasty chemicals and latex fall apart. Vinyl tad better with mild
<chemicals, oils, grease, inks and alcohol stuff.

Latex, resistant to stuff that Vinyl isn't

<I think the ones is teal/bluish color (nitile sp?) is what good for
<this. I see these used for epoxy, some nasty chemicals and biohazard
<jobs. This are ones I'm looking for to buy, where?

Nitrile, synthetic rubber for those that are latex sensitive and also
resistant to somethings the other two are not.

There is a rating called breakthrough time for various chemicals and
solvents.

Also all three are available in various weights (thickness) for special
needs/applications.

I know this as I worked in pharaceuticals for a while and some of the
stuff was quite nasty (Acids, bases and strong solvents). The other half
was basic cleanroom/sanitation.

It's not a bad idea.

Allison