HP Apollo/9000s

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Thu Mar 16 15:22:27 2000

>Hi Paul,
>
> > Try http://www.zepa.net/apollo/Apollo-FAQ.html
>
>Actually, that was the first place I looked....barely a mention of the "4xx"
>series and nothing at all about the "7xx" machines.
>
>Maybe I'm looking in the wrong places, but there just doesn't seem to be
>much in the way of FAQs detailing the HP-9000 family in general (or
>HP-3000) - or am I looking in the wrong places?

Actually I was impressed it looks like a LOT of activity is going on just
from chasing the 3 or 4 posts to this list with links. I found mailing
lists, newsgroups, and half a dozen or more web sites. Now "some" of the
links were pretty quiet, but many "looked" active.

HP is doing a ONE TIME free update to older 9000 series computers (they say
9000/800, but I don't know) to current 10.20 software. This offer ends on
April 30th 2000, so don't drag your feet if interested. The blurb claims
they want to "welcome" people back to HP support, but I didn't see any
strings. Could be they see offering this as a blanket get out of liability
on any y2k issues.