color graphics on VS3100/M76 (SCSI ok!)

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 16:27:37 2000

While debugging SCSI I noticed that there was another board sitting "over"
the mainboard on my VS3100. When I run 'Test 50' is shows up as '? SPGFX
xxx.xxx' which, I'm guessing, is a color graphics board and there is
something wrong with it. (the '?')

Does this mean that there is simply no monitor attached?

Is this frame buffer compatible with the QDSS?

Was there ever a "skunk box" version of the QDSS? (I found some "right
angle" QDSS cables that would work in a BA213 but I didn't think there was
ever an S-box cab kit for the QDSS.

--Chuck

On the SCSI drive, disabling parity made it work. Without parity disabled I
would get a machine check ?21 CORRUPTN. Weird, DEC usually leans in favor
of error detecting/correcting protocols.