SCSI drives in VS3100/M76

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Fri Mar 17 20:01:35 2000

Interesting, I tried the internal format (Test 75) and got a couple of
errors so on a whim I swapped it out with another one (who wants a SCSI
disk with bad blocks anyway?) and the replacement works fine. No errors,
nice and quiet. I returned the first drive to the guy who sold it to me and
got a replacement.

The best clue seems to be that the "bad" drive wouldn't show its size in
SHOW DEV but the good drive does. I've written off the drive as bad and am
off making more progress.

--Chuck