Research Machines Link 480Z

From: Peter Pachla <peter.pachla_at_wintermute.org.uk>
Date: Fri Mar 17 15:18:30 2000

Hi,

>....This isn't a CP/M machine, but it is one generation
>on from the 380Z, which I also used at school.

Yep, that was the first micro I really got to know.

We had a 380Z at school too. We got it around 1977/78 and it was a cassette
based system running an early version of COS (Cassette Operating System) -
the floppy disc and CP/M options weren't quite available then.

Hours of fun programming in BASIC and CECIL....best of all was the front
panel, we had no assembler until the CP/M systems (finally) arrived in 1981
so it was the only way we had of playing with machine code (amazing how
quickly you learn those hex codes when you have to).

I'm sure I still have a set of 380Z manuals somewhere (BASIC, COS, HiRes
Graphics Option etc) but my CP/M discs I suspect are long gone.

  TTFN - Pete.

--
Hardware & Software Engineer. Sound Engineer.
Collector of Arcade Machines, Games Consoles & Obsolete Computers (esp DEC)