Atari XE GS

From: Technoid_at_cheta.net <(Technoid_at_cheta.net)>
Date: Sun Mar 19 15:24:38 2000

The XEGS is a 64k Atari-XE machine with Built-in Missile Command, Basic,
and another game I think. The main differences are the Detachable keyboard
(First and last for Atari 8 bits), and the absence of any expansion buss
though I am sure you could graft one on. The only thing missing is the
connector. It would be a hairy job to add it. I did to my 1200xl after
grafting 800xl roms and internal basic into it. It is now a true 800xl
but the PBI mod did not work. Never was sure why. You would think after
nearly 100 solder connections and about 58 wires that SOMETHING would
happen when I plugged the Black Box into it, but nothing did either
positive or negative.

Don't recall which supply it used but I believe it is a 7pin din
connector. If so then it takes straight 5volt dc and I can give you the
pinout. If it is one of those 'barrel +bayonet' style connectors it
probably used one of those ubiquitous 9vac adapters nearly every thing
Atari made ran on.

Jeffrey S. Worley
Technical Services
Bits & Bytes Computer Services Inc.
1979B Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803
828-684-8953 - voice 0900-1700 five days
828-687-9284 - 24hr fax
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Technoid_at_Cheta.net