Hacking Netpliance??

From: Allison J Parent <allisonp_at_world.std.com>
Date: Sun Mar 19 18:19:28 2000

<>It's been done and it is socket-7, solder?
<>
<>Allison
<
<I gather you've got to change a couple of the surface mount resistors.
<
<This URL gives the details: http://www.linux-hacker.net/iopener/cpu-up.htm

I have that url bookmarked. Depends on the cpu, the polder P200 non split
parts are drop in. The next generation MMX needs three voltages of some
such and that board doesn't have that wired.

<Hmm, actually I just might be able to pull this hack off.... Not sure I
<want to risk the thing to my soldering abilities though.

I'm not worried either way sas the basic cpu is plenty fast enough for my
wants and I don't happen to have something laying around thats faster.

Myz80 on a pent180 will do just fine.

Allison