Almost free 2-port and 4-port fanouts, IEEE 802.3 compliant, Ethernet Version 1.0 and 2.0 compatible AUIs

From: Bill Dawson <whdawson_at_mlynk.com>
Date: Tue Mar 21 10:42:49 2000

Hello again,

Well, due to the overwhelming response for these 2-port and 4-port Ehernet
fanouts (actually, none) I'm posting this one more time. Since each of these
weigh less than a pound packaged for shipping, your total cost for one to
three is only $4.80, delivered in the US I will send these internationally,
but the cost will be higher. The current list price on the two port units is
$80.00+, and the 4 port units go for $200.00+. If there is no interest by
tomorrow morning, I'll be listing them on eBay.

Perhaps someone can tell me, on list, why no one on this list has any
interest in these. Maybe everyone is saving their money for iOpeners d8^)
???

Thanks,

Bill

whdawson_at_mlynk.com

-> Hello group,
->
-> These were given to me recently by another member of this list
-> who also has
-> no use for them (thanks, Pat). They can be yours for 1.5 times shipping
-> cost. All are in great condition and I have no reason to believe they
-> shouldn't work. Specifically, what I have are:
->
-> Quantity 3 Allied Telesis / CentreCom model AT-280 (2-port transceiver
-> fan-out)
->
-> Quantity 3 Allied Telesis / CentreCom model AT-480 (4-port transceiver
-> fan-out)
->
-> Quantity 3 Canary Communications model F 4000 Rev.B (4-port transceiver
-> fan-out)
->
-> All are DTE powered and "can be installed with any existing
-> standards-based
-> transceiver used in thicknet (10BASE5), thinnet (10BASE2), fiber optic
-> (FOIRL) and twisted pair (10BASE-T) installations".
->
-> Summary information on the Allied Telesis units can be found at
-> http://www.lantech.nl/products/ati/fanout.html and technical
-> information and
-> manuals in pdf format can be found at
-> http://www.alliancedatacom.com/allied-telesyn-products.htm by using the
-> site's "Search Site" button and entering either AT-280 or AT-480.
->
-> Information on the Canary transceivers can be found at
-> http://www.canarycom.com by searching for F-4000 and using the
-> first link in
-> the returned list. Information in pdf format for the F-4000 can
-> be found by
-> using the eighth link in the returned list, under Transceiver Products.
->
-> Please contact me off list if interested in one or some for your own use.
-> Please don't ask if your intention is resale.
->
-> I realize these aren't vintage yet, but I know some of you can
-> and will use
-> these in networking vintage equipment d8^)
->
-> I'll post to the list when all have been spoken for.
->
-> Bill
->
-> whdawson_at_mlynk.com