IBM 5150, am I nuts or what?

From: Marvin <marvin_at_rain.org>
Date: Wed Mar 22 09:58:40 2000

Mike Ford wrote:

> I now have a few IBM 5150 Personal Computers, latching on to the nicest
> ones today along with I think the correct original keyboards. I have to
> wonder if I am not perhaps getting a little dotty in my old age. What the
> heck am I going to do with them?
>
> Anybody else have some? What can they do?

I started keeping a few 5150s a while ago and probably have 4 or 5. The one
*I* like the best is one built in the UK that still has the box with it.
Someone mentioned a number of years ago that the collectables will really be
something with a brand name rather than no-name clones. I agree, and while I
have a few clones, they are typically the first to go when I need space.

> How about a 5100 (sounded like something I might want to hoard if I see one)?

Nice machine that came in at least two flavors, APL/BASIC and BASIC. I don't
know if there was a 5100 with APL only.