2532 EPROM pin-out

From: Eric Smith <eric_at_brouhaha.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 18:44:13 2000

> I just realised I listed the Motorola 2532 as the same pinout as the Intel
> 2732; it's actually the same as the Texas 2532. Sorry!

I've never seen a 2532 from any vendor that did not match the TI 2532
pinout.

The 2716, on the other hand, was more problematic. TI and Intel both
independently developed 16K parts and introduced them at roughly the same
time, both assigning the part number 2716. However, the Intel part was
5-volt-only (for read, not for programming), whereas the TI part used
multiple supplies like the earlier 2704 and 2708.

TI introduced a 2516 which was pin compatible with the Intel 2716.

Presumably they were worried about the same thing happening at the 32K
density, so they designated their part 2532 from the outset. Arguably
they came up with a better pinout than Intel did with the 2732, but Intel
was in a stronger position to set standards.