KIM/6502 code (was ClassicCmp paper tape)

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Wed Mar 22 20:25:24 2000

Hi All
 I've been resisting putting this out but I've run out
of my resources. I have a real dilemma!
 I've been trying to get in touch with Tom Pittman
but I've not had too much success. I have a copy
of his Tiny Basic for 6502 with patches for the KIM.
I have a copy of the documentation and the tiny
compiler as well. I have the 6502 code in the hex format
used by the KIM ( not Intel or S format but similar ).
I can easily convert this to Intel Hex or Binary.
I would vary much like to give this stuff out to the group
but I can't even in my right judgment use it myself
without Tom's permission.
 Please, someone out there get in touch with Tom. I'd
gladly pay the small charge he wants for the rights to
use it or if he publishes a release notice we can put
it up on one of the web sites.
 I don't like sitting on it and I don't want to get myself
or others into trouble. I respect Tom's efforts and
feel that only he has the right to decide what to do.
I was told that someone in the past had gotten permission
to use the code but my attempts to contact that person
have had no response.
The fellow that claimed to have contacted him was
"Bill Richman" <bill_r_at_inetnebr.com>. I have sent him
mail but not gotten a reply. I hate being in this position.
I know that there are a bunch out there that are looking
for this code.
 I should point out that Tom's code is about 08C0H long
for the 6502. This means that it won't fit into the
1K RAM. Also, this means that it is slightly larger
than would fit into a 2716. One would need at least
a 2732 to fit it into a single part or a bank of
3K RAM if they loaded from tape. In the Docs
he says it can be run from ROM as well as RAM.
 Please don't flood me with email, I need you guys to
find Tom and get back to me with how I can contact
him. There must be someone that can make the connection.
Thanks
Dwight