Zork (was Re: WinCE (was teletype wanted.....))

From: Ethan Dicks <ethan_dicks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Mar 24 09:15:57 2000

--- Cameron Kaiser <ckaiser_at_oa.ptloma.edu> wrote:
> ::You're welcome. I know someone took the zdungeon image and split it
> ::onto two C= floppies, grabbed a Z5 interpreter and played it on their
> ::C-64. *That's* dedication. Me, I developed it on an old SPARCstation
> ::that's probably classic by now.
>
> *You* developed it? :-P

Yes. I developed zdungeon. It's a port to Inform directly from the
MDL Zork sources. I did not say in the above paragraph that I wrote Zork.
Perhaps that's the source of your ":-P"?

> For the record, I run all my Infocom games on the 64. The black screen
> interpreter is fast and can even preload the game into an REU, meaning it
> will play entirely from memory.

I never that that opportunity. When I was playing Infocom games on my C-64,
all I had was a 1541. :-(

-ethan

=====
Even though my old e-mail address is no longer going to
vanish, please note my new public address: erd_at_iname.com

The original webpage address is still going away. The
permanent home is: http://penguincentral.com/

See http://ohio.voyager.net/ for details.