Parallel port hard drives?

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Sun Mar 26 11:33:41 2000

It doesn't matter whether the diskette is a 1.2 MB one or a 360K type, but
the drive which wrote it make a great deal of difference. 1.2 MB drives can
read 360k diskettes just fine, but you can't expect a drive designed to
operate on half the track width (twice the density) and even more bit
density, to erase the writing of a 48 TPI 360K drive properly. It works OK
the first time, and less well the second ... and so on until it fails
because the residue left behind by the 48tpi drive generates too much noise
for the 96 tpi drive to discriminate between noise and signal.

Dick