360K in a 1.2M drive (was: Parallel port hard drives?

From: Sipke de Wal <sipke_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Sun Mar 26 17:36:57 2000

This is only part of the story

The 1.2 Mb floppies are written with a lower write current than the
360 Kb. Since the magnetic quality of the former type is stronger and the
tracks are smaller and closer this will prevent crossover effects between
the tracks.

In certain situations it may be desirable to attempt a datatransfer
between different drive systems. Then a repeated formatting of
a bulkereased or brandnew unformatted 360Kb floppy written with a
1.2 Drive may do the trick. You will also have to write the data
repeatedly. This may only work over hours or days rather than month or
years.

Sipke de Wal