PDP11/23 More dumb questions

From: CLASSICCMP_at_trailing-edge.com <(CLASSICCMP_at_trailing-edge.com)>
Date: Tue Mar 28 10:51:11 2000

>The cards are, from one end:
>M8192

OK, this is the CPU, a KDJ11-A.

>M7195

128 kbyte RAM

>M8067

Another 128 kbyte RAM

>M8045

Depending on the letters that follow M8045, it's between 8 kbytes
and 64 kbytes of RAM. I'm guessing it's a fully populated 64 kbytes.

>M8059

Another 128 kbytes or 256 kbytes of RAM, depending on the letters that
follow the M8059.

>I've also found out that it ran Venix in it's first life. It was connected
>to a PDP8/A that I also have but can't do anything with because of it's
>state.
>I'm unclear about the switches and lights, but I have the run light on, the
>DC light on, the fixed disk write protect switch out and it's red light out,
>and the fixed disk ready switch out with it's green light on.
>There seem to be some (slight) behavioural differences depending on which
>serial port I plug the terminal into.

It's also particularly confusing, because you evidently have no serial
line cards nor disk controllers in the backplane. I have no idea
how you even got the ODT prompt out of the machine.

Look at the serial ports on the back of the machine, and the ribbon
cables coming from the inside of the cab kits. Which cards in the
backplane do these connect to?

--
 Tim Shoppa                        Email: shoppa_at_trailing-edge.com
 Trailing Edge Technology          WWW:   http://www.trailing-edge.com/