eBay iopeners

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 28 12:43:40 2000

>> Thats pretty stupid. List on them is $199 and sale price is $99. Looks
>> like someone trying to make a killing on impatience. Then aagain all too
>> often ebay is egreed.
>
>egreed? I don't think. A good argument could be made though for
>>e-ignorance, e-impatience, e-"don't want to check around" and perhaps a
>few >other similar items.

How about good old-fashioned cluelessness? As in people bidding on stuff
when they haven't a clue as to what it's actually worth or where they could
get it for a honest price?

In the case of the iOpeners though, I suspect it's a case of speculators
buying up a bunch when they could, and now dumping them, while the
speculation is that any further ones sold will be "unhackable".

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |