iOpener

From: Zane H. Healy <healyzh_at_aracnet.com>
Date: Tue Mar 28 14:21:25 2000

>>i-opener Internet appliances shipped after March 20, 2000 can no longer be
>>reconfigured in the manner described in recent reports. Modification of the
>>i-opener in any way is in violation of our terms and conditions.
>
>What terms and conditions? If you aren't allowed to see them (I poked
>around a little bit and didn't find them) how can they be part of the
>sales contract?

Not to mention that if I go to Circuit City and *buy* a piece of equipment
it's *mine*. I'm not renting it. I can do whatever I want with it. If I
want to toss it in the closet and forget about it, or take it out to the
shooting range and fill it full of holes that's my business.

It's not like the cable box I rent, that isn't mine, and I've no right to
go messing with it. In this case I'm buying a service, and they rent me
the hardware to use this service.

Personally, when and if mine ever shows up at CC, then I'll be paying with
*cash*.

                                Zane
| Zane H. Healy | UNIX Systems Adminstrator |
| healyzh_at_aracnet.com (primary) | Linux Enthusiast |
| healyzh_at_holonet.net (alternate) | Classic Computer Collector |
| and Zane's Computer Museum. |
| http://www.aracnet.com/~healyzh/ |