Swap Meet

From: Steve Robertson <steverob_at_hotoffice.com>
Date: Wed Mar 29 13:28:54 2000

Went the the Hamfest at the Motorola Factory in Plantation (western Ft.
Lauderdale) last weekend. From what I understand, it used to be a regular
event but, now it's held infrequently. There were quite a few sellers there
but, not too much computer stuff.

I found a micro-based controller for $10. Looks like it was used for some
kinda automated inspection or manufacturing system. The system consisted of
4 large wire-wrapped boards and 4 fairly large power supplies. There was
some damage to the innards so, I bought it strictly for the parts. Got a ton
of TTL devices and other goodies out of it.

Also found a "NIDA" Counter / Timer. It's an educational tool used to teach
digital logic. It's in great condition considering it came from the school
board. In my experience, most of the stuff from the schools is pretty beat
up. Anyway, it's very cool and only cost me $5.

I had other comittments so only stayed until 8:00 AM. At that time, sellers
and buyers were still filing in. Probably missed some good stuff but, oh
well...

Later,
Steve Robertson <steverob_at_hotoffice.com>