Odd Magnetic Media question

From: Dwight Elvey <elvey_at_hal.com>
Date: Thu Mar 30 18:11:18 2000

healyzh_at_aracnet.com wrote:

> Actually I've used CD-R for archives for the last 2-3 years. Though even
> they should be refreshed probably every 5-10 years.

Hi
 It sounds like it might be a good idea to backup on
both medias. I don't know if there is enough information
of the kinds of problems CD-R's might have to really say
how safe they are. Some of the darnest things can come
back and bite you, like the bottle of cleaning solution
that the janitor uses.
Take Care
Dwight