"New" prompt on Sun box

From: Technoid_at_cheta.net <(Technoid_at_cheta.net)>
Date: Thu Mar 30 20:50:42 2000

I have succeeded in replacing the batt on the nvram/rtc. It now
self-tests without any problem but won't boot. I have autoboot configured
the way I thought was right:b sd(0,18,0) but the machine will no longer
boot from the hard disk. It would before but I had to toggle the power
switch rapidly to make that happen.

I erased the eeprom somehow and the faq is not getting it done. Remember
my Sparcstation 330 has something like a late 3/ series monitor and so
does not have the OK monitor which came with the 3/6x machineas and later.

I have reprogrammed the nvram via the "q" command and it tries but
something is wrong. I must be missing something like telling the machine
what buss to initialize a boot from or something. I thought I had what I
needed to replace the eeprom and restore the settings.... sigh...

please oh sunworshipers help me

Jeffrey S. Worley
Technical Services
Bits & Bytes Computer Services Inc.
1979B Hendersonville Road
Asheville, NC 28803
828-684-8953 - voice 0900-1700 five days
828-687-9284 - 24hr fax
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Technoid_at_Cheta.net