I need some PDP-11 RT11 archiving software

From: john b <dylanb_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu Mar 30 09:53:09 2000

My entire collection was purchased by a *very* large corporation. Details
will probably be PR'd later this month. I have a lot of source code and
PDP-1 software that does not exist anywhere. I would like to back up this
material in case of damage in shipping, and it should be made available to
all.

I am spending all my time right now packing and rackmounting - I have no
time to write anything. I will have some people come over and feed in the
paper tape this weekend. While I won't be able to archive most of it, I do
hope to at least read in most of the source code on paper tape. (I have over
310 PDP-1 paper tapes alone).

This program needs to be *very* easy to use and hopefully supports
X/Y-MODEM. I will set up a terminal program at this end that supports 32
character file names (windows 98). This program would have to run under
RT11-V3B, or RT11V4 BL. Hopefully it would send the code down a serial line
separate serial port.

I will only have this software here until Wednesday April 5,2000 (5 days).

It would be really nice if this software just asked the end user to load a
paper tape, then huit return, and it sends the data read out a separate
serial port, then prompts to load the next one.

Please e-mail me at: dylanb_at_sympatico.ca .

P.S. Most wishlist items were set aside before this offer to purchase so I
will be able to ship them soon.
P.P.S I bought a DSI to do this but it got seriously damaged in shipping - I
have no time to fix it.

john