Qbus cards that need ID

From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis_at_mcmanis.com>
Date: Fri Mar 31 18:54:22 2000

At 06:35 PM 3/31/00 -0500, Paxton wrote:
>One is a Micro Technology QTS25. It has a 50 pin header. I was wondering if
>it was a SCSI card?

I've never seen one "in-the-flesh" as it were but the picture of one I saw
looked like a SCSI card based on the Viking design. You can identify it by
the single LED, and the microprocessor on it.

>The second is an Emulex QD331040100 Rev. J. This has a 60 pin header and two
>26 pin headers. I was wondering if this was a SMD drive controller?

No clue.

>The third is a Dilog DQ696-20.vThis has a 34 pin header and two 20 pin
>header. My guess is that it is a MFM or ESDI hard drive controller.

This is the "fast" version of the Dilog ESDI controller. It will control
two drives and can handle 20Mhz drives w/ 1:1 interleave. (24Mhz drives
still need 2:1). In my experience it is more rare than the 696-15 and plain
696 which is I believe 10Mhz. Its a nice controller (I've got two) and
supported by NetBSD. Info is still available from the Manufacturer!

>In the same group of cards is a DEC M7546 which I believe is a TK50 tape
>drive controller. Why is it called a Maya Controller?

No clue on what the history is on this one.
--Chuck