New here :-)

From: Chad Fernandez <fernande_at_internet1.net>
Date: Fri Mar 2 15:05:44 2001

Hello Tony!

Tony Duell wrote:
> I believe the only requirement is that the computer is more than 10 years
> old. It can be electronic, mechanical, analogue, digital, micro, mini,
> mainframe, workstation....

Oh I read the requirements already, I just want to get a feel for what
people actually have :-)

> Some of us do, others don't. I like 1970's minicomputers and early
> workstations (PERQs, D-machines, etc). Mainly because I am a hardware
> hacker and like to be able to clip a logic analyser onto the ALU outputs.
> Other people here have more 'normal' interests and stick to micros :-)

Wow, "micros" :-) It will be fun being on a list that knows and uses
that word, along with the other classifications :-) Usually, "computer"
is sufficient on the lists I participate in!

> FWIW, there are some very knowledgeable Apple ][ hackers here. And many
> of us have at least one original IBM PC/XT/AT machine.

I admit, I don't really use my Apple //e for much. Occasionally, I
power it up to play a game of Moon Patrol :-) I used to program in Jr.
High, and High School, but have forgotten most that I learned,
unfortunately. Never got into ProDOS, either.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA