What those garage sales

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat Mar 3 04:39:19 2001

I met a guy today that sold half a dozen Altairs on ebay. He was looking
through the recycler and found an ad for a "garage full of electronics and
test equipment" $50. He said he hauled out 3 12 foot flatbeds of stuff
including the 6 Altairs, mostly to be scrapped.

Now the good point about this is this person is MUCH more likely to look
over stuff before scrapping it for gold or aluminum. He sure had some funky
looking boards with him today, but rust etc. and total lack of time or I
would I talked him out of a couple for curiousity sake. Boards filled with
pin arrays for a 2.5" square circuit board with a two row female connector,
and half a dozen IBM square silver chips (I should have written it down,
but 2n0xx where xx was maybe 17).

Anyway, watch those garage sale ads.