New here :-)

From: Richard Erlacher <edick_at_idcomm.com>
Date: Tue Mar 6 14:20:02 2001

Actually, I've not been asked to "measure" a dab or a pinch, though I've used
recipes that called for the addition of a pinch or a dab of something. It's
like the absurd assumption, that goes goes with many recipes, implicit in "add
salt to taste," which assumes that the preparer has any.

My late ex-wife used to salt her food, then taste it so see whether it needed
more. I always encouraged her to taste it first, but to no avail. 'twas the
blood pressure that got 'er ...

Dick