Tape images and exporting

From: Richard A. Cini <rcini_at_optonline.net>
Date: Tue Mar 6 19:20:31 2001

Hello, all:

        I have an odd question. A chap from the Netherlands contacted me last week
based on an old posting to the list that he found through an Internet search
(from the list archives). He's restoring an LPS11 and would like to have
copies of the paper tapes I have for his project. Several years ago, I
picked-up several blue-boxes of PDP11 paper tapes, mostly diagnostic tapes.

        Since I can't make tape images, I was going to ship them to him and let him
use them and then return them to me. I'm a bit concerned about the
trans-Atlantic trip, plus any stupid stuff, like export restrictions.

        Any opinions? I would love to keep these things on this side of the
Atlantic if I could and just deliver to him image files and scans of the
tape ID label.

Rich

Collector of Classic Computers
Build Master for the Altair32 Emulator Project
Web site: http://highgate.comm.sfu.ca/~rcini/classiccmp/