new/old computers in radiology (Long)

From: John Allain <John.Allain_at_Donnelley.InfoUSA.Com>
Date: Wed Mar 7 10:35:45 2001

All I can say is such an open situation sounds
like Fun! The first thing that comes to mind
is for you to store onto CDR (not CDRW) since
once written that storage type is immune to viral
damage (I miss the days of hitting a Read-only
switch on a HDD).
A larger budget? Use DVD-ROM. Not so large?
CD-R would probably archive a lot of QIC's.
Tape? Too slow.
FTP may seem old fashion but handles multivendor
archival over IP just fine.
Hate to say this because I've certainly loved
VMS and Unx all of these years but NT is probably
the BMOC for the next 10 years with Linux, via IBM,
being a very cool alternative.

John A.