Microsoft bashing

From: Jeffrey S. Sharp <jss_at_ou.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 7 18:16:24 2001

> I have no belief in evolution, but this arguement is silly. You can
> apply this to any technology. Would you have been at Gutenberg's
> door with torches and pitchforks, shouting that books were for
> "smart people"? Do you blame him for giving stupid people access to
> what had traditionally been reserved for the realm of the
> universities?

Just because you're not at university does not mean that you are stupid.

> Under this argument, we should also blame the likes of IBM, or
> Commodore, Apple and Atari for bringing computing to the masses?

No, because the masses aren't necessarily stupid. I would argue that those
machines were more about bringing the masses cheaper machines, so that more
smart people would be able to learn about computing.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp
jss_at_ou.edu