And someone has one... Re: Virus Alert !!!

From: Merle K. Peirce <at258_at_osfn.org>
Date: Wed Mar 7 22:50:21 2001

I'm afraid you're right about that. What bothers me about Microslop is
that it interferes rather than assists me in what I want to do. I spend
nearly as much time playing with windows as I do accomplishing real
work. I figure productivity takes a 30-35% shot. Can you imagine what
that could mean in terms of office productivity. I've used a number of
really good applications, - all word processors that facilitated my writing.
TimeWorks' WordWriter 128 comes to mind as an excellent tool. Excellence!
for the Amiga is another good programme, although I wish it had
WordStar's Ctl-B reformatting command. WordStar, another great tool.
Programmes that I hated: Perfect Writer, perfectly horrid; Word - lack
the words to adequately express my contempt. WordPerfect - adeqaute, but
no prize, Works - it does, but it has a great number of annoying
defaults. Why can't I set the file types it displays, and why can't it
remember the directory I'm working in?

I definitely have to look into Linux.

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Richard Erlacher wrote:

> It's not Microsoft ... nor is it any other software house ... it's the dummies
> who prefer the glitz and glamour, taking appearance over substance every time.
> If it weren't for them, Detroit would have been a wasteland decades ago.
> They're what the US economy survives on.
>
> Dick

M. K. Peirce

Rhode Island Computer Museum, Inc.
Shady Lea, Rhode Island