Need IBM XT/286 Setup disk

From: Joe <rigdonj_at_intellistar.net>
Date: Thu Mar 8 09:43:39 2001

At 06:33 PM 3/3/01 +0000, Tony wrote:

>THe IBM PC/AT assumes that drive A: is a 5.25" 1.2Mbyte drive after a
>CMOS RAM reset. It will boot from either a 360K or 1.2M disk in this
>drive.

    I tried a 360k boot disk in the XT/286 and it won't boot with the CMOS
erased. I think I tried a 1.2Mb boot disk also with the same results.
However I did get it booted with the setup disk that Don sent. There was a
delay becuase the 1.2Mb drive in my main computer didn't want to make a
good disk. I finally pulled one of the 360k drives out of the XT/286 and
installed it in my main computer and used it. After that no more problems
making disks.

    After I got the XT/286 CMOS setup I tried to read the hard drive but it
turns out that the drive is bad. RATS! I was hoping to find software for
the STAG EPROM programmers still on it. That's the only reason that I
picked the machine up. Well, I'll save the floppy drives out of it and
pitch the rest of it.

   Thanks for your help everyone.

     Joe