Xenix/286-Any hints?

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Thu Mar 8 16:52:08 2001

>Yes, I checked it. Coherent run on 286 with the usual 64K code and 64K
>data limitation, but the best: You can download a full binary
>distributions and the kernel sources from : ftp.mayn.de/pub/coherent
>I will now try to get it running on my 286 ...

        I found the Coherent FAQ online last night and it seems to
date from sometime in 1993 but it has a ton of excellent info about
it. It states that Version 3.2 would run on a 286 while Version 4.0
required a 386 processor. If I remember correctly, I was running
Version 1.0 or 1.1 and this was in 1990 after I had seen a review of
it in 'PC Sources'. It was the main IBM-type magazine that I read at
the time, though I also liked 'PCM', 'Amiga World' and 'Micro80'.
For anyone interested in the FAQ, it can be found at:

        http://personales.mundivia.es/varel/coherent/

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File