SCSI connectivity

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sat Mar 10 15:38:53 2001

> > Has anyone used one of these before? Granted the speed is
>>going to be limited by going through the parallel port, but it's an
>>easier solution than finding and installing an ISA/EISA/MCA SCSI card
> >for occasional use of a SCSI CD-ROM or some such item.
>
>It will likely not be fast enough for a CDwriter. The only SCSI
>interface
>thats hard to find is the MCA as ISA/EISA is the same board and
>generally available cheap (under 60$) if you dont need a bootable model.

        I have ISA, PCI (both Adaptec) and MCA (Future Domain) SCSI
boards but thought it was interesting anyway. The driver disks
included with it are from Philips along with the Philips OEM version
of Adaptec Direct-CD so it would appear that it will work with the
Ominwriter. I'd like to try and use it with my IBM P70 for the
occasional CD-ROM since it's upper MCA slot is basically blocked by a
TI 486SXL2 processor upgrade. That would allow me to leave the NIC
card in the lower slot without worrying about swapping them out.

        Jeff
--
       Collector of Classic Microcomputers and Video Game Systems:
                      Home of the TRS-80 Model 2000 FAQ File