carter afb OT

From: Chad Fernandez <fernande_at_internet1.net>
Date: Sun Mar 11 19:53:53 2001

Rambler was a particular model of AMC, although, I suppose they may have
used it as a brand name in your part of the world. My parents had a
Matador when I was little. It was a car that my grandparents originally
bought.

Kaiser, Hudson (I think), Willys, Nash, and probably more combined to
form AMC. AMC got bought out by Chrysler in the early 80, I think.
Chrysler renamed it Eagle, after AMC's then current best selling model.
Jeep was part of AMC, and remained a separate division of Chrysler. It
pains me to see Chrysler a part of Daimler, but I suppose, many people
on this list, especially those that live outside the US, won't
understand that.

Chad Fernandez
Michigan, USA