AAUI

From: r. 'bear' stricklin <red_at_bears.org>
Date: Mon Mar 12 17:04:46 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, John Allain wrote:

> Does that mean that AUI transcievers can't work with Apples or is it
> really that you are supposed to call it AAUI instead of AUI all along?

AAUI is a kind of compact version of AUI which Apple popularized, if not
invented. A few older Sun SBUS cards use a similar if not identical
interface (the FSBE card, for example). I've never owned an FSBE to try it
out.

Anyway, where regular AUI uses a DE15 connector, AAUI uses... something
else. I'm not sure what the nomenclature is to describe it.

ok
r.