AAUI

From: Ethan Dicks <ethan_dicks_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 13 01:11:06 2001

--- Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net> wrote:
> >Talk was here about 10bT and 10b2 to AAUI adaptors.
>
> Other than the connectors being different, I don't know how
> different electrically they are.

AFAIK, AAUI uses +5VDC and AUI calls for +12VDC to power the
transceiver. If that is so (as in, if I can find a pinout for
the AAUI), I was contemplating grabbing +12VDC from a disk
connector and adding an AUI connector on the back of the Quadra 660AV
and using one of my many 10BaseT AUI transceivers.

OTOH, for ~$10 each, I can just take the lazy way out.

-ethan

=====
Even though my old e-mail address is no longer going to
vanish, please note my new public address: erd_at_iname.com

The original webpage address is still going away. The
permanent home is: http://penguincentral.com/

See http://ohio.voyager.net/ for details.