VESA SCSI

From: Mike Ford <mikeford_at_socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue Mar 13 06:02:20 2001

>Nope you have it backwards. Your BT-747D is an EISA card. Most people
>confuse them the opposite way, calling VESA, EISA, so your extra special
>:-)
>
>Chad Fernandez
>Michigan, USA
>
>Mike Ford wrote:
>>
>> While we are talking SCSI and weird, I'll just mention in one of the boxes
>> around here I have some BusLogic VESA BT-747D SCSI boards, a internal 50
>> pin and floppy connector and a external diff SCSI mini thing. VESA is the
>> double height connector, right?

I guess it was a EISA mistake? ;)

Just so I have this absolutely correct, the fingers are all on the end of
the card with the metal bracket, and the contacts are as wide as ISA, but
in a piano key fashion with alternate traces above or below the one next to
it (the fat part of the contact)

 q q q
b b b b

finger area is about 7 inches long and 3/4" tall and has 6 notches dividing
segments of the fingers.

What sort of a system used EISA?