A month of our own.

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
Date: Tue Mar 13 13:55:27 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Eric J. Korpela wrote:

> Anyone else glad that the holiday seasons are finally over? I had to
> put up with my wife decorating the house first in October for
> Halloween, November for Thanksgiving, December for Christmas, January
> for New Years Day, and February for Valentines day. I've been getting
> sick of it.

She missed St. Patrick's Day. What's her e-mail address so I can remind
her and continue to annoy you? :)

> So for March I've decided to take back the house. I've decreed it to
> be International Classic Computer Month. I've set up the most
> picturesque members of my collection in prominent places around the
> house. It's good not to have them relegated to the garage and a room
> no one ever sees. No part of the home should be without the beauty of
> a classic machine.

I always imagined my Burroughs adding machine with the glass beveled sides
revealing the inner-workings being mounted on a nice wooden pedestal
somewhere in my living room, with a couple other antique adding machines
lining the bookshelves and whatnot. For good measure, I'll frame the
signed copies of Konrad Zuse prints I got from Germany and mount them on
the walls :)

> I urge everyone to do the same. Now I just need to call my
> congresswomen and get it turned into and official national holiday....

Make sure to tell your wife about Easter in April, Memorial Day in May,
Father's day in June, Independence Day in July, and, hey, August has no
real holidays of merit! We should declare a day in August as Classic
Computer Day.

Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer Festival