Dunno what was wrong - but it works now! (And Vax question)

From: Roger Merchberger <zmerch_at_30below.com>
Date: Tue Mar 13 16:41:28 2001

Just for folks that wanna hear what went on:

The mailing list stopped sending me mail - I just thought it was another
list fubar, and the xmas holidays were *way**beyond**stressful* for me, so
I didn't have a chance to check things out until yesterday.

I have a secondary email address at 30below.com, so I subbed that mail - it
still didn't help. Finally, I subbed my yahoo.com email account that I
never use, so I figured at least some mail beats no mail... and guess what?
The list started sending me *triples* - my regular email account, my
secondary local account, and my yahoo.com account all started working again!

Now is that crazy, or what?

Now for my question:

I'm looking to install NetBSD 1.5 on my vax at home (no, I'm not wiping VMS
- I have a secondary drive) because as of right now, I have no VMS
documentation. I have the documentation CD, but AFAICT, nothing but Vax/VMS
can read the darned thing! :-( Can the dox CD be read under NetBSD 1.5 for
Vax? (So finally, I can actually start *using* my uVax 3100/m38)...

[[ a catchup for my problem: I have the 2Mbyte 8-plane gfx board & 19-inch
monitor (which is sweet) but now VMS doesn't know kind of terminal it's
running (IIRC, it thinks it's an LA36, but don't quote me) and most
utilities (including every text editor I've tried) won't run because of the
non-standard termtype... ]]

Anywho, glad I'm back & hope everyone had a happy set of holidayz whilst I
was incommunicado...

Roger "Merch" Merchberger
--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   ---   sysadmin, Iceberg Computers
Recycling is good, right???  Ok, so I'll recycle an old .sig.