Carter AFB.. he he!

From: ajp166 <ajp166_at_bellatlantic.net>
Date: Tue Mar 13 20:23:31 2001

From: Sellam Ismail <foo_at_siconic.com>
>You can drive an old car really fast (perhaps even faster than more
modern
>cars). Old computers are slow-assed beasts.

I'm surprized at you. Many of those old slow machines were faster if byy
virtue
of not having four tonnes of nastiness grafted to them.

Then again, a NS* horizon with static ram and a 10mhz Z80 does get out of
its way.

>I don't know that you'd necessarily be hot-rodding them, unless of
course
>you'd be boosting their abilities for better graphics, sound, nice
>joysticks, bigger displays, etc.

Feh, PCs are good gamers and all but if I want a good solid machine for
real work it may be far from my first choice. Better is relative. ;)

Allison