Fwd: Sell Old PCs to the Egyptian and African markets

From: McFadden, Mike <mmcfadden_at_cmh.edu>
Date: Fri Mar 16 14:23:30 2001

My wife probably believes that I might be able to fill a container with all
of my stuff, of course she hasn't been up in the garage attic.
My local computer surplus sends stuff to China, the stuff must be salvage, I
have seen then take a hammer to a HP 4si case so that it was salvage. The
last stuff in the container gets inspected by the customs staff in LA. I
have seen a HP MO jukebox in the same container. They get about $5000 for
an entire container. I asked about buying a container for a month and
sorting the stuff and then giving it back to them for a total of $200 for
the small amount of stuff I took out. No go. Lots of keyboards, CGA
monitors, dot-matrix printers, IBM mainframe terminals in a load. Most of
the stuff this spam asked for wouldn't be available a any surplus place I've
seen. The local schools get 200 MHz Pentiums and any disks over 1 GB.

Mike
mmcfadden_at_cmh.edu