DRAMs needed

From: Jerome Fine <jhfine_at_idirect.com>
Date: Sun Mar 18 07:14:45 2001

>Jeff Hellige wrote:

> Does anyone have 8 - 256 x 1 DRAM chips, at least 150ns, they
> could spare? I want to finish populating a memory board but don't
> have any DRAMs that large. I only have a handful of 4116's.

Jerome Fine replies:

I will look in the box. I usually saved them when I tossed a scrap 386
mother board. They were used to populate Chrislen 4 MByte memory
boards for the Qbus.

Does anyone have any 72 pin SIMMs for a Pentium 166 MMX? I have
96 MBytes right now with 2 * 32 MBytes and 2 * 16 MByte. I also seem
to have 2 * 16 MByte in my drawer, but I have not bothered to test them.

In any case, the minimum help would be a swap of 4 * 16 MBytes for
2 * 32 MBytes so that I could have 128 MBytes (the mother board has
slots for 4 SIMMs. I would be in heaven with 2 * 64 Mbytes since that
would increase the total to 192 MBytes. I realize that this seems off topic,
but I am running some old PDP-11 software and it would be convenient
to have a bigger RAM: disk when I use the emulator. That way, I turn off
the Sony SMO S501 drives. By the way, I have a few extra magneto optical
disks for just the cost I paid for shipping plus sending them on again - probably
about $ US 2.00 a cartridge since I am in Toronto. These are the 5 1/4"
cartridges at 512 bytes per sector for a total of 295 MBytes per side.

Sincerely yours,

Jerome Fine