Northstar Advantage 8/16 problems

From: Rich Beaudry <r_beaudry_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Mar 20 16:20:11 2001

>Have you considered that perhaps the keyboard has gone bad?
>
>Sellam Ismail Vintage Computer
Festival
>- -------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----
>International Man of Intrigue and Danger
http://www.vintage.org

Uhh... Yeah, but it's just a matrix of contacts, and not an "active"
keyboard, IIRC. So if there's no parts to fail other than the keys, I find
it hard to believe, though not impossible, that EVERY key died at the same
time. Perhaps all on a row or all on a column, but not ALL keys.

I figured if anyone knows what chips on the mainboard read or handle the
keyboard, they could point me in the right direction for replacements, or
things to test...

Rich B.

P.S. -- I get the digest, so I can't reply immediately...