IBM P70 solution

From: Jeff Hellige <jhellige_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed Mar 21 05:40:56 2001

    It turns out that the IBM Bios on the Future Domain MCS700 SCSI board
was conflicting with the ESDI controller built into the P70. The solution
was simple...one of those things so simple you don't even consider until
someone else points it out. I pulled the BIOS off of the SCSI card! I had
initially tried disabling the BIOS in the system setup but that didn't work.
 Now that I've pulled the BIOS physically off the board, the conflicts have
disappeared and I had both a CD-ROM and external 1gig SCSI hard disk running
off of it's SCSI-2 connector in no time, using the IBM drivers for OS/2 and
the Future Domain PowerSCSI 4 drivers under DOS. Too bad I lose the
bootability doing this, but that's not an issue at the moment.

    Jeff