Big Iron in Syracuse

From: Dan Cohoe <dancohoe_at_oxford.net>
Date: Wed Mar 21 21:55:28 2001

Some people have asked for a repost; here's a little more info.

This equipment is located at Northeast Surplus, 440 Shonnard St. in
Syracuse. Phone 315 677-5246

The people seemed quite willing to have visitors. They appear to deal
with lots of PC's and LaserJet printers

Preference is for skid lot sales of things. They seem a little
frustrated with "retail sales" though its not a big shop.

I have no idea of what they want for the mainframes.

I saw a skid of large mostly fixed frequency monitors that they
suggested $50 each (for 8). If anyone was interested, these could be
split up among several buyers. I am about 4 hours away in Canada.

Original message was:

I'm not sure whether there's any value to you in this or not, but I saw
a large
set of big blue boxes at a wreckers last week. I didn't make a full
inventory,
but there were several boxes marked 3390. The whole system appeared to
be
there, in excellent cosmetic shape. Probably 10 or 12 cabinets
approximately
five feet high and 3' x 3' wide and deep each.

I also saw some VAX 6000-650 items, DEC H9644, TU81, a Data General and
some other DEC peripherals. These are all in Syracuse NY.

regards, Dan C