TU-58 rollers and emulation (was Re: VAX 11/725)

From: Clint Wolff <vaxman_at_qwest.net>
Date: Fri Mar 23 23:12:15 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, ajp166 wrote:

> From: Ethan Dicks <ethan_dicks_at_yahoo.com>
>

> There is one that runs under UNIX.

I've written one for DOS that needs some tweaking still... I'll cut
loose the source code if someone wants to fix it up. Basically, it
sometimes gets out of sync and you have to power down the 750 and
restart the PC to get it back working...

> Also the rollers for the TU58 I clean off the goo to get down to the
> basic hub then use .500 od/.375 id Tygon tubing. which is a stretch
> fit over the hub, add a drop of super glue and trim to width as
> diameter is not critical and that material seems to hit it very close.
> I've done this to maybe 8 them I still use.
>
> Allison

THANKS Allison! I bought two from Keyways, Inc. for $40 + shipping...
For that price, I could have bought 20' of Tygon tubing... Live and
learn...

clint