Batteries for Sharp PC-45XX Still Sold

From: jerryjh_at_imt.net <(jerryjh_at_imt.net)>
Date: Mon Mar 26 01:10:10 2001

On 2001-03-25 classiccmp_at_classiccmp.org <Russ Blakeman> said:

>I've been able to get a lot of older/odd battery packs in the past
>from Batteries Plus, a chain of battery suppliers. Some had to go
>to their "lookup techs" but within 3 days they always had a source
>for one. They aren't always the cheapest though, a lot depends on
>the individual franchise owner and how much he/she will haggle with
>you. I have a reseller account with a nearby one and the owner
>always gives me a decent break.

Before I went on the Internet, I went to Batteries Plus. Yes, they
did list a battery for my Sharp PC-4502, yet they didn't call me
back and actually "forgot" to get back with me, even though they had
it written down in a notebook on their counter. Considering how
quickly I got serviced from the Raymond Sarrio company, I'd consider
them a serious contender with Batteries Plus in the category of classic
machines.

Jerry... on his IBM PC/AT 5170 Model 339 | My laptop computer's a
***** 9600kbps/30MB HD/512k RAM/8 MHz | Tandy TRS-80 Model 100

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2X - Registered