i286-Mainboard

From: Mario Premke <mapr0003_at_stud.uni-sb.de>
Date: Tue Mar 27 02:19:20 2001

> On Mon, 26 Mar 2001, Richard Erlacher wrote:
>
> > AWARD also uses the DEL during POST as well, at least in about 10 of the boxes I
> > have here. Phoenix uses <F1> at any time during POST, though I seldom see that
> > one outside of Packard Bell, HP, and other U.S. makers' systems.
>
> Phoenix also used CTRL-ALT-ESC on some of the 286s that they provided
> BIOS for.

It's an Ami Bios - the DEL key is used for going into the Configuration
Setup - BUT inside the Setup I cannot change the values for the amount of
memory, which I suppose is detected in the POST-routine ... I don't know
if it's a good idea to test all possible jumper settings in the nearer
area of the memory slots ;-)